Monday, May 14, 2012

Cupcakes!

So I've wanted to do cupcakes for a loooong time now. The type with fondant icing and it looks so professional. I even bought the cookie cutters, and they have been sitting in my cupboard for awhile now. (Lazy)

My mum decided to "make" cupcakes for mothers day for Sunday School. No we didn't bake the cakes or make the icing. She bought normal cheap kueh neng kou and fondant icing from the bakery. (Shortcut)

Last Saturday night was spent mixing food colouring into the fondant icing and laughing at my mum. It's just like playing play dough! Only this, you are supposed to eat it after fondling touching and squeezing the dough so much. (Kinda repulsive eh?)

Oh and we laughed at my mum cos she doesn't know there's 3 primary colours only. She was like, why you only got 3 food colouring. Enough meh? So we tested her, what colours make orange, and she said, blue and green!!! HAHAHA That just makes turqoisey green =.=


I didn't join the cupcake making in Sunday School cos I was in the baby class. There was leftover so we continued the fun back home.


Cupcakes by my sister.


Cupcakes by yours truly.



Su Yen stabbing icing.



"Photo shoot" for mothers day contest.


Lazy boy didn't bother to help clean up.


Love my family!! 


Highlight of the day - Jin Jin's cupcake!! He was actually enthusiastic about decorating the cupcakes and was trying to be creative by mixing many colours. I told him that it would just become brown and he said he wasn't going to mix it nicely (I guess he was hoping to get paddle pop kind of colours, but no.)


Happy Mothers' Day, Mum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment