Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Books

10. My Name is Iran 
After reading The Prisoner of Tehran, I stumbled upon this at a sale and was hoping that it would be alike. But this was a bore and I struggled to finish it. 

Rating: 2/5

11. Carly's Voice
Carly is autistic and she has found her voice through typing. A truly inspirational story. It is amazing what parents of special needs go through. I especially loved the parts which Carly wrote.

Rating: 4/5

12. Seeking Spiritual Beauty
Sheila is an amazing writer. Inspires me truly to be the best christian I can be.

Rating: 4/5

13. Last Song of Dusk
It's been a long time since I read novels. Now I remember why I love them so much. Truly beautifully written.

Rating: 4/5

14. Can You Keep a Secret?
I read the Mandarin version of this years ago, and when I was rereading the English version, I seriously couldn't remember the story at all! But Sophie Kinsella is the one and only chick lit author which I read and she never disappoints!

Rating: 4/5

15. The Gatecrasher
It's written as Madeline Wickham who is actually Sophie Kinsella. It's a different kind of novel, with a more serious tone. I didn't like it as much as the Sophie Kinsella kind.

Rating: 3/5

16. Have a Little Faith
I would say it is thought provoking for me...

Rating:3/5

17. The Hunger Games
Oooohh I love love love this! The book is better than the movie (Though the movie was great as well, unlike Harry Potter where the books are awesome but the movies are horrible except for Emma Watson). 

Rating: 4.5/5

18. Positive Discipline the First Three Years
Great book with lots of helpful insights and guidelines to raising young children. I would recommend this to every parent.This is a must have for parents

Rating:4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment