Monday, May 17, 2010

Of Jobs

"Hi yenee, I guess u no more in tumble tots rite?
bcoz larra told me that she missing u so much during the "story telling" session wif me b4 she sleep last week and last nite..... u take care ok."


Larra's mum posted this on my wall in Facebook. And I feel so torn. On one hand I feel so..happy, because Larra remembers me. It makes me feel like I actually meant something to her. On the other hand, I am so sad because I miss her so much too ='( From the time she started, she would cry for her mummy, and I was the one singing songs to her and she got rather attached to me, and me attached to her. She got better as time passed, growing independent. I remember I once asked her what's her favourite song and she said "I Gotta Feeling". I remember that when I complimented that she is so cute, she said "I'm not cute! Heidi is cute. I am beautiful." I remember her looking at her reflection and saying, "I look like All the Single Ladies!"


Leaving the children was the hardest part of leaving my job. The first few days after I quit was spent reminiscing. I would look at the clock and think "oh, at this time, they will be arriving. At this time, they will be having their snack..." I would look at their pictures over and over again, trying to commit every face, every smile, every incident to memory.


I really miss the better days of the job. I actually woke up in the morning with a smile, "Yay, I am going to work. I can see my beloved children!" Have u ever had a job where when u leave u actually have 700+ photos of the job? Do u collect souvenirs from the job? I bought a couple of T-shirts (the biggest size which fit me), I collect their junk like old membership cards, I bought their car sticker... Most of all, I left with lots of unforgettable memories.


Nevertheless, I do not regret my decision to quit. Maybe I'm young, inexperienced, naive to quit just because of small trivial matters, but at that time, I really wasn't enjoying my job. I stopped waking up with a smile. I started complaining. A lot. And as a young, inexperienced teen, the main criteria for my job selection was enjoyment. 


Now, I've got a new job. May not exactly be my dream job, but I get to learn new things, meet new people, love new children. Only two weeks into my job and I've already fallen in love with the children =) Besides, I really like that I am surrounded by many "Christians".  In a way, they really encourage me in my faith. And of course, as a young, naive teen, pay is also quite important in my job selection and let's just say I'm pretty satisfied with the pay I'm getting now.


And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. 

Colossians 3: 23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment