Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Daily Thoughts

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,

Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

As the song was sung in school, I pondered about the meaning. It's surprising that it is considered a children's song, given its deep meaning. And u know, what the song says is true. We try to plan our future, the goal being "success" or "happiness". And then we get frustrated when things do not go our way. We forget that though we can plan, the future is not in our hands.

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a  city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 
James 4:13-14

I've learnt that I should just take things one day at a time. Seize the day. Live in the present. Happiness is not the destination; it is the journey. =) We've just got to learn to accept that there are some things you can't control. But always TRY to make the best out of the situation.

One thing you can control is your emotions. Well, at least you can try to. People cannot make you angry. It's you who allow yourself to be angry.

But enough of all the philosophical stuffs.

Random fact: I get excited over new stationery. (Yeah, like a kid) I love buying notebooks and files and stuff. I have lots of pretty notebooks which I have no use for. And I have 4 notebooks permanently sitting in my handbag! Talk about obsession!

I really don't know how I'm going to cope. I know I will be able to do it somehow. But as mentioned earlier, I will just take things one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment