Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Cookies which became Muffins

I have always baked the same chocolate chip cookies. So, this year when I saw this awesome recipe for Nutella chocolate cookies, I wanted to try them. Only I forgot the Golden Rule of baking for amateurs like myself: ALWAYS FOLLOW THE RECIPE.

I was kinda sorta embarrassed by this stupid mistake, but oh well, this is a lesson I won't be forgetting haha.

The dough
It could have been the cake flour, or the Nutella, or the brown butter, but honestly, I don't know what actually made it go all wrong. The cookies just melted on the tray into one huge flat blob within minutes of being in the oven.

The scraped off stuff from the pan.
I started adding more flour and still it melted, but tasted ok. So I put them in muffin trays.





Thats how my cookies became muffins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment